Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I am so Excited!! and worried.

I have been invited to attend Fash-con in Las Vegas! Actually my whole family can attend with me. They know my brother takes photos and helps me with tech stuff. Now I have to convince Mom to let us go. She is afraid the flight will be more than Andy can handle and the crowds. Andy really wants to go. He is thinking of how great it would be for him to take photo's. I hope Mom and Dad decide to let us take this trip. Dad has the vacation time and we never go anywhere. I know it is hard for Andy to go new places but I promise I will hold his hand if he needs it. Mom and Dad have to know I love him. He gets so anxious with anything new, food, places, routines. It is hard for him to not have a schedule. Schedules help him cope with the input to his nervous system since he isn't wired like the rest of us it is easier when things are the same. He knows what to expect. Travel as much as he enjoys new sights makes him super anxious so he can't just enjoy he gets sensory overload. He has heightened hearing and some other senses. It is sort of why his voice is never at the appropriate volume. He can't control how loud he talks. He doesn't hear himself the same as we do. Anxiety and his inability to focus through it are his two weakest points. I really do know all this. It is just such a great opportunity for me. He can take his noise cancelling head set it helps him when there is too much stimulation to his senses. That should help. Oh please Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment