Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Hair Trends

I love to be cutting edge. What I sometimes hate about being cutting edge is well, the cutting. Haircuts... they can be such a huge commitment. I am 11. I am not always ready to commit yet.

If you want to be in style and are commitment shy like me it is a good idea to check out some photos before you hit the chair.

If you have long hair, they are showing long loose waves, low ponytails that are secured at the nape of the neck, long and straight (yawn) with a center part (not for everyone's face though the majority of people look bad this way. Side parts are much more user friendly).

Shorter styles include the bob in all lengths, chin length, shoulder grazing, shoulder length,

...would you look at that I am cutting edge!  Short crops (ehhh layers =commitment so that isn't for me and also I don't want to be mistaken for a boy at my age it could happen) the shag (Mom side note: 1990 again) deep side parts on the copped styles, tons of hair gel are also popular (but not with me.)

Hair accessories that are trending include, floral garlands, headbands, scarves, braids, crowns of coins ala ancient Greece,  and a line of glitter at the scalp on the part (yuck.)

Updo styles are soft and feminine, curls and tendrils, or messy with texture. 
Fringe or bangs still seems to be an anything goes area. I think you either love them or hate them. I am in the hate camp. I can't stand the feeling it seems like they are never the length I want. Too short then too long but someplace between should have been perfect but wait it is gone. 
I don't understand why they had so many models with choppy bangs that look like Andy cut them, no offence brother dear, but you are 8. Mind Blown. 
Mom has a point again and mental note next time I need to write these fashion trend blogs when she isn't sitting next to me. Here it is, Mom's point (The wet look was never a good look and in my opinion is a fashion don't. ) Ok mom, I have to agree so while they showed the wet look on the runway I advise to not hop on that one too quickly. To me it looked more frozen in goop than wet. 

That is all for the Spring hairstyle report so if you want to be cutting edge or not because of a phobia of commitment, or you are 11 still here is a guide to what is happening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment