Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring 2014 Fashion Trends

I read fashion magazine websites and watch fashion vloggers on YouTube, I read fashion blogs. I love fashion. So here is a quick summary of what I have found on the web for Spring 2014 since it is finally looking a lot like spring. Thankfully because I was really getting tired of rocking boots and sweaters. Well weren't we all. ,

Courtesy of Elle Magazine I am reporting that you will be noticing floral patterns are back in a big way. Many designers are mixing in sheer panels of fabrics along with the floral. Crop tops are hot again, (Mom said this feels like the 1990's revisited to her. I wasn't born yet, lol)

Color trends for spring of 2014 include black and white together used in patterns and color blocking, icy pastels a shiny a shimmer, metallic or satiny pastels are cropping up in clothing and accessories, white by itself, a hint of pink on one piece of the ensemble or just a pop in a color block, and metallics. I love the black and white because a girl gets tired of pink and purple. Another great thing about black and white pieces I think that black and white pieces in the wardrobe are great for mixing and matching with other colors so it stretches your wardrobe.

Shapes we will be seeing include fit and flare dresses,



I saw this pink one in heather gray and I am in love. I really think this paired with some black and white accessories would be super cute. 
You could add a pair of  black or white leggings underneath and switch to a Converse Chuck Taylor style sneaker for a cute casual look or make it really dressy. 

Many of the dresses and skirts shown for spring had a fullness to the skirt. Very lady like. 

Instyle reported iridescent fabrics, metallics, mesh, full skirts, white blouses, suits, luxe sweatshirts (I thought the ones featured were ugly. Big boxy and garish patterns) pastels, black and white,  geometric patterns, and  athletic aesthetic to pieces that look like a tennis dress, a letterman jacket, a ball cap

So look for these trends to crop up in all the places you love to shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment